The Emaillerie Corgémont (Emalco Emaillerie SA since 15:th of september 1970) was founded in 1932 under the name Signum SA. Originally, the company manufactured road signs and license plates for cars. Thereafter, they performed subcontract work for enameling furnaces and stoves, and they specialized in the production of cast iron cooking (pots, Raclette and fondue pots). Emaillerie Corgémont held up to 160 people. In the early 1980s, they found new outlets in the wall panels.
In 1989, the holding company Integra (Wallisellen seat) moved the field of culinary cast Soissons (France). The activity of Emalco Corgémont was then reduced to manufacture surfaces in sheet metal and enamelled aluminum, such as signs, license plates or decorative facades (terminals Zurich and Geneva). In January 1993, the production of enameling steel base was also transferred to Soissons. Manufacturing enamel aluminum base, an area where the company was seen as the European leader in Corgémont continued until 1994, when Emalco permanently closed its doors.
Fair stands for Emaillerie Corgémont ca 1971.
“Le Salon Rouge” was designed by Verner Panton in 1971/72. It was the canteen at the company Emalliere Corgémont but it also worked as a showroom for Verner Panton´s work made in enamel. The canteen are since many years gone from it´s original location but half of the interior are now in the Pantonworld collection.